twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My teeth are flat.?

I do not grind them at night. I grind them during the day. I did not even know I did it until my dentist pointed it out. He said they were the flatest teeth he had ever seen. Why do I do this?
Answer:
Why do people clench and grind their teeth?
Ninety percent of the time the answer is life stress. But there are other possible reasons, and all contributing factors need to be considered for proper management.The following is a list of causes that must be considered:1. Exercise and Sports
Water-skiing
Weight Lifting
Motorcycling
2. Stimulants
Amphetamines
Cocaine
Caffeine
Ecstasy
3. Psychological
Anxiety
Stress
Fear
Anger
Dreaming
4. Medical
Sleep Apnea
Pain in other parts
of the body
5.
Dental
Teeth not closing together comfortably
Habit? Nervous? Could be a number of things.
my teeth are flat too....it kinda looks like someone sawed them off....i call them box teeth.there aint nothing wrong with having box teeth
nervous reaction. or concentration.. I do it when i brush my hair.. I dont get it?
Most likely stress. Try some meditation techniques throughout the day. When you notice yourself grinding down, close your eyes, relax all your muscles and try to breathe in and out slowly until you feel ready to continue the day. Though, doing this in the middle of a meeting could get some odd stares from your co-workers and boss, but hey, whatever needs to be done to keep your teeth from grinding down to the gums.
It is probably something you just do subconciously. Just try to stop and your teeth will be fine.
It's completely normal, all teeth wear down some more than others. If your teeth start to have pain, consult a dentist because you could grind in your sleep and not even know
I would say stress or a nervous type of reaction to things. I would always grind my back molars at night when I slept and my mom and dad told me I made an awful noise doing it. I had braces at the time and I was doing it due to the pressure.
Stress or frustration is probably the main reason, but it could just be a habit. They can get you a plastic mold that fits onto your teeth so you can still grind them and not cause any damage. I have one. I got it last year. They really help. The best thing you can do is ask your dentist for one.Hope I helped.
Stress maybe? try chewing gum more, so your biting on your back teeth instead of grinding them
some people on crystal meth do this alot. are you on drugs? don't do drugs!
You may not be aware that you grind your teeth at night but if you are during the day then I almost guarantee that you grind at night. Set up an appointment with your dentist and have a night guard made, this may be worn at night as well as during stressful times during the day. It also may be a jaw relation problem, if you have head-aches this may be a good indication that you are a severe grinder. A night guard will help reduce the wearing of your teeth. Hope that helps!
Possible Causes:* Stress
* Anxiety
* Poor bite alignment
* Dislocated jaw
* Central nervous system disorderSigns:*Tooth wear, fractures of the teeth and fillings, especially on the front teeth
*Grinding noise noticed by a sleeping partner
*Facial muscle pain and fatigue
*Locking, cracking, and clicking of the jaws
*Headaches
*Tooth mobility
*Sensitive teethTreatment:*Your oral health professional, your dental hygienist or dentist can make you aware of the habit and suggest behavioral therapies to stop the bruxism.
*Stress reduction and coping techniques can be initiated to reduce the emotional stress you may be experiencing
*A removable intra-oral appliance can be made for you. The mouthguard protects the teeth from the forces of clenching or grinding the teeth together. A mouthguard or nightguard is more practical for treating the night bruxer than for those who have daytime clenching and grinding habits.
Get a nightguard at the dentist or drugstore. But at the dentist can be pricey. Mines charges almost $600 for a custom mold but I got one at the drugstore for $20. Slightly bulkier but as long as it doesn't fall out, I'm happy. If you grind in the morning, most likely you grind at night. I have inlays and woke up one morning with one cracked. Grinding can cause teeth to be worn down, shifted sightly forward, sometimes crack, chip. Mines are worn and shifted. My doctor showed me on the xray. My husband grinds and his front teeth are chipped. Wear a night guard. Even in the morning, you'll be more aware of the problem then and try to retrain yourself to stop.
The nightguard fits in ur mouth and stops the top and bottom teeth from making contact. You'll basically %26quot;chew%26quot; the guard instead of ruining your teeth. The first night u use it, your jaw will feel tired but it fades within day 2. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Want To Boost Your ClickBank Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your picked ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net