twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My teeth are naturally discoloured and bleaching doesn't help much. Is there anything I can do?

Smiling has always embarrassed me and as I have got older the problem has got worse. I've got some money for treatment but I'm not rich! Any ideas please?
Answer:
It really depends on what the problem is. I suggest you see your dentist. If, for example, the problem was caused by your MD giving you tetracyline as a child, all the bleaching in the world won't help. You will need to have veneers put on your teeth. So, see your dentist.
have you tried any professional whitening in the dental office?
OTC whitening materials do not work well on severe cases :(
Sometimes certain medicines and tabacco smoke causes discoloring of the teeth. IF you smoke, stop. If you take medicines then try to brush your teeth soon after and see if that helps reduce this any. I would suggest trying a toothpaste with whitener. Avoid the whitening kits as they make one's teeth VERY sensitive to hot and /or cold after using these. My daughter had GOOD results with trying whitening toothpaste on a daily basis. Do not expect results overnite but very soon. Within a week or two she saw that they were white and nice.
HMMM...Put some white out on your teeth!
If you've tried bleaching and it hasn't worked then the only other option is to have veneers i'm afraid!! But be warned these are expensive!! If anyone suggests crest strips, bi carb of soda, etc ignore them, if bleaching has not worked then nothing will. That is the thing with bleaching or any other method for whitening your teeth - they will ony get rid of stains, they will not get colour your teeth lighter than their natural shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net