twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mystery Condition: White/Clear Bumps in mouth. Mouth feels like its been burnt/chewed on. going on 6 years.?

Other people have same problem on internet on many forums. My mouth has felt %26quot;rough%26quot; since I woke up 6 years ago and felt the inside or my lower lip. It's since spread to the rest of my cheeks/lips on the inside of my mouth. I's also formed leukoplakias on my pallete once or twice.Who else has this condition of %26quot;rough mouth%26quot;? Oh and the clear bumps are like little grains of sand not really painful just weird, like the size of a ball point pen ball.
Answer:
Its really tough to figure out oral pathology in a dental chair sometimes, and even tougher over the internet. The rough spots on your lower lip sound to me like minor salivary glands. Everyone has a lot of them right there, and most people can feel them if you squeeze your lower lip between your fingers. Occasionally, one may become %26quot;defective%26quot; or leak, forming a blister like lesion. Its not a huge deal, but it would need to be taken out. I don't know if that fits your description or not. There are a few salivary gland diseases or conditions that can cause dry mouth, and you can get yeast infections secondary to dry mouth sometimes. If you did have some kind of gland problem (and by no means would I diagnose that over the internet) then it may affect salivary glands all over the mouth, causing dryness, irritation, etc. Your dentist should either take a look, or he can refer you to a periodontist who can try and help you. 6 years is a long time for a %26quot;burning mouth%26quot; problem, but I've seen patients put up with it for decades before ever seeing a dentist and getting it treated. Long story short - have a periodontist take a look and see if yall can't get it resolved.
ive had that exact same thing you described, but for me ill get it for a day or two and it will go away. it happens around once a month. yours seems worse. you should probably see a doctor.
When you get cancer (don't worry, you don't probably have it) and go through chemo therapy you get yeast infections in your mouth with clear to a yellowy bumps and it normally goes away in like two months..so i think you should go see a doctor.Its more than likely a yeast infection...that happens to last a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net