twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My toot has broken below the gum line and my dentist has told me i need an extaction?

is there anything else that can be done apart from an extraction as i am reall worrying about having it done
Answer:
An extraction is necessary in your case, most likely. Nothing to worry about. The biggest problem most folks face in the dental chair is FEAR! Dentists have magic drugs that can make your extraction pain free. Get it done, you'll feel better after it's all over and healed up.
go and have it out,dentistry is magic near y nowadays,no pain at all
actually...the dentist knows best on what is the best way to do on your broken tooth...don't worry...you can ask for anaesthesia or nitrous oxide (NO2) if you have low tolerance to pain
Your tooth must not be salvagable or the dentist would have given you some other options. Either go with what he says or get a second opinion. Like many others I too fear the dentist but things have come a long way and it does seem as though it's less traumatic to go to the dentist these days.
Good Luck!
Not that I know of. I've had teeth that have broken above the gum line and still had to have them extracted. Too much damage had been done for a root canal. As far as I know, when it's below the gum line, a root canal can't be done so it's got to come out. I've had a total of 10 extractions in my life and it's no big deal at all. I was awake for my wisdom tooth extractions and they were totally painless and very fast. You'll most likely get a prescription for a painkiller afterward too. If you are going to a private practice, they should give you the options of getting nitrous oxide or being 'put under' entirely. I go to a 'dental college' where they can only use Novocaine so I don't have those options and it's still not bad. Only 'risk' is that you may have some shifting of the other teeth after a few years but it may not be all that noticeable since it's only one tooth. BUT, it's best to get a fake tooth put in place. Either an implant or a bridge. A partial is the cheaper option.

1 comment:

 
vc .net