twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Need my four impacted wisdom teeth removed.?

Hello everyone. I went to the dentist yesterday for a routine removal, and found out that I need to have my wisdom teeth removed. All four of them are impacted. I was wondering if some of you could give me your experiences good and bad. I'm super nervous about this, and have no idea what to expect. I am a 21 year old female, and have never, ever needed ANY kind of surgery before. Even oral surgery. Thanks for any help.
Answer:
I had the same procedure about 2 years ago. I was put under, so it wasn't bad at all. It was my first surgery, too. Good luck! :) Also, make sure you follow the dentist's orders, such as after 24 hours, rinse with warm salt water. The dentist will give you some pain medication, too. You'll be fine.
lucky you. When i had mine pulled, they just went in and took them our with some kind of saw. The last one really hurt because I guess it was close to the nerve. But I'm still alive to tell the story. I was higher than a kite once they put on the laughing gas! Crazy!
Its not that bad they put you under, and on laughing gas, you won't remember anything, you wont feel anything. You really don't have anything to worry about.
I've had all six of my wisdom teeth removed (yes, I had six wisdom teeth for some reason!) and I am very sensitive to the medication for pain so, frankly, I slept through most of it during and then came home and slept some more. I was back at work the next day. You could try to time it around your schedule so that you do not have to go back to work the next day but I would definitely encourage you not to try to go to work the same day.
I was 18 when I had all 4 wisdom teeth out, one week before heading off to college! I was given a local anesthesia and didn't feel a thing. Of course, the pain the next couple of days was bad. Also, my stitches came out on their own, instead of dissolving like they were supposed to! So for the most part everything went well, just hurts for a few days after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net