twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My wisdom tooth and jaw?

yesterday during school, i was suddenly unable to completely open my mouth; every time i try there's a small pain in the back of my jaw [where a wisdom tooth is] stopping me from fully opening my mouth. its been going on since yesterday and as of right now, i just feel a dull ache in that area, [not really a toothache though...] im no longer even trying to completely open my mouth. i do have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 2 but im starting to get worried that it might be too serious to wait all day for. would this have something to do with my wisdom tooth? im not sure what to do until my appointment, but is there any way i can get this now constant ache to subside a bit [and no, still cant completely open my mouth... i can talk, but just not FULLY open my mouth]?
Answer:
I wouldn't rush out to the ER just yet. It sounds like you are having classic symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth. Although they may be uncomfortable, there will be nothing that they can do other than get you some meds %26 then refer you to a dentist. Most likely, your dentist tomorrow will evaluate your problem and refer you to the oral surgeon if he/she doesn't mess with wisdom teeth to have them taken out. I would suggest to take Advil or Motrin for pain as directed on bottle (unless of course you are allergic or advised not to for other medical conditions or reactions with other medications) until you get to your dentist appt %26 he may prescribe you something stronger to get you by until you can get them taken out. Eating cold foods will help some with swelling and discomort. Try gently biting down on small pieces of ice on your gums where they are hurting. Don't try to force your jaw to open, it will just cause more discomfort at this time.
you are getting it looked after tomorrow =try hanging n there for the night and take a pain killer
Welcome to the world of TMJ or temporal mandibular joint disorder. Check out the site below for mmore detailed info. There are treatments available, I've even seen a patient in the dental office I work for whose jaw pops out of place and she just puts it back in place. Take some ibuprofen for the ache until you can get to the dentist.
It is probably TMJ disorder. My jaw does that too, don't worry your dentist will talk to you about it tomorrow and it will be fine. I doubt that it has anything to do with your wisdom tooth but i am not a dentist. it gets weird sometime when I yawn, my jaw feels like it's locked.
rub an asprin on the sore spot. read your bible and ask God to give you some relief. Try to sleep till your appt. it will be all over with tomorrow. hope you get feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net