twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My tongue too big?

I have a problem with my teeth, I have this overbite that dentists say was caused by my tongue pushing my top teeth forward.
My question is, is there any way you can stop your tongue from naturally sliding or pushing forward. I'm ready for any extreme cures, my mom apparently said they put a barb wire in the front of her mouth and her tongue started 2 slide back instead of forward, she has lovely teeth now and no overbite!Do you think they'd still do that today? It's the only other cure I can think of, help!?
Answer:
Dude, I don't believe your mom, I think she has a terrific sense of humor.
Why won't your dentist fit you with a retainer?
mom got jokes lol
It wasn't barbed wire! It was an appliance that had short, dull tines that served as a reminder to pull her tongue back and train it to have a better resting position. They are still in use today. The ones they use now do not inflict pain.
i have the same problem and when i had braces, they had what they called spurs on attached to the braces on my lower teeth.Since i've got my braces off, i was made a retainer with spurs on them and they do help keep the tongue resting back but it can be a nuisance when/if you're eating, (food getting stuck) , kissing, and the visible retainer wire along the bottom front of my teeth, if i really smile with my teeth showing. Also, i have a grinding problem when i sleep so it has the potential to chip my upper teeth and actually has. So I don't actually use it at all although I should at least during the day. After having to deal with them for two years during my treatment, i hate the thought of having to put up with it any longer.But if you don't have a grinding problem, I'd get fitted for spurs and keep them in all the time with the exception of taking it out daily to clean them. Eventually, you'll learn to talk and eat and not really notice that they're there.Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net