twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Migratory glossitis/geographic tongue?

Does anyone have any suggestions for treating the pain of migratory glossitis or how to reduce the frequency of the symptoms?
Answer:
I don't know how to reduce the frequency, save working on decreasing the stress in your life.As for easing the pain, this works for my patients with mucositis, which is quite painful. It might work for you too. It sounds odd, but it is quite soothing and doesn't taste nearly as bad as it sounds: 1 tablespoon of a 1:2 mixture of maalox and liquid benedryl. The maalox (or other milk of magnesia type product) helps coat the tissues of the oral cavity and the benedryl is an antihistamine, and thus will help soothe the tissues. I usually suggest storing the liquids (either the mixture or the individual bottles) in the frig because having the mixture cold is also soothing.
UNFORTUNATELY, THERE IS NOT A CURE FOR THIS PHENOMENON. USING A LOZENGE FOR SORE THROATS LIKE HALLS HAS BEEN FOUND TO BE HELPFUL. FOR SOME PATIENTS ANTIGUNGAL MEDICATIONS MAY BE HELFPUL.
http://www.maxillofacialcenter.com/bondb...
%26quot;ITIS%26quot; means inflammation...would an NSAIDS (like aspirin, naproxen or ibuprofen) help the pain and inflammation?3 books on disease symptoms and treatmentsyou could also get these books on ebay or amazon or a half price book store. (last two are very similar)..
1.Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine
2.Handbook of Diseases (Lippencott)
3.Professional Guide to Diseases (Springhouse)
I've developed this condition over the past couple years, I'm 20 now and it definietly gets worse with stress or when I eat hot or acidic foods. I suggest taking multi-vitamins because this condition supposidly has a link to anemia and brushing regulary and using a mouthwash has definitely helped me, the antiseptic in the mouthwash relieves the pain. Although it isn't really painful for me but I do get worse symptoms around the time of my period (hormones). I hope this helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net