twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My crown fell out last night...?

and I wasn't sure if I HAVE to get it replaced or put back in? It was first a root canal about 3 years ago, then crowned last year. I popped a piece of gum in last night while I was at a banquet and my tooth fell onto my tongue, stuck to the gum. The whole thing, crown, post and all. It's not very noticeable, top left 4th from the front, and I really don't want to waste my time or money getting it put back in or replaced. Not to mention how sensitive to pain my mouth is. Is it okay to just leave it alone? I am 20 years old and have very bad teeth (runs in the family, both sides) so I know this unfortunately won't be the last one. Any suggestions on what I should do? Does it need cleaned out by a dentist or anything?
Answer:
It probley doesn't hurt since you have had a root canal, but you spent all that money on the tooth, I wouldn't leave it out too long to many things could happen, then all the money you dropped into this thing will go down the drain. Most drug stores sell a temporary cement material, try putting it in to make sure you have the right fit befor you put the cement in it, that should hold you over until you can get into the dental office but I wouldn't wait anylonger than 2-weeks.
somehow, you need to get to the dentist. Check to see if they make emergency appointments. Your health and teeth are more important.
YVONNE,MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE THE DENTIST AND TAKE DAY OFF TO SEE THE DENTIST. NOT A STRANGE REQUEST.
you better go to the dentist. if you just leave it its going to catch cavities and then you're going to have to pull it out
Your dentist will cement it back in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net