twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My child has to get braces and she has a tooth higher than the rest on her gums will she have to get it pulled

Please help as fast as you can! My child is worried sick about it.
Answer:
No she won't have to have it pulled :) The orthodontist will eventually put a bracket on that tooth and gradually pull it down with elastic ties so that it is aligned with the rest of her teeth. Tell her not to worry!
yes the same thing happened to my brother. it wasnt that painfull thoe, so dont worry.
My daughter had a tooth pulled when she was 5 and now there is no room for that tooth to come in (she is 10). Apparently the tooth will not come in unless there is room, but the orthodontist told me that if it does come in (above/below the gum line) that she can fix it with the braces. I was worried sick too! Good LUCK!
She might not!I had a permanent tooth that wouldn't even come OUT for the longest time.What ended up happening was that I went through a simple, painless 20-minute operation to cut the gum back and expose the tooth. A little wire was attached from the tooth to the wire of the braces, and the tooth came down in a matter of weeks!If the tooth is already out, then it's also likely that the orthodontist can simply put a bracket on it if it's exposed enough. But don't worry; she probably won't have to get it pulled!
That will be up to the orthodontist. It may be that he plans to pull it but then maybe he's going to move it to a lower place.
maybe maybe not it all depends on where the tooth is located in her mouth. I had a high tooth and my orthodontist left it in and glued the bracket where it is supposed to be but did not engage the wire. Instead he used a thin wire called ligation wire to tie the bracket to the wire. Over a month of constant downward pressure from the wire my tooth came down. If she does have to have the tooth pulled it hurts about like a filling does only for 3-4 days instead of one. A little ora-gel on a q-tip helps alot as does rinsing with salt water
I had the same problem but didnt get mine pulled they just put another bracket on the tooth and put the wire through it and with time it comes down hope this helped have a great day =]
I had braces when I was a kid. I did have some teeth pulled to make space for the rest of the teeth, but it's specifically a few teeth (the pre-molars). If the tooth is higher - unless there is no more space, they might not have to extract it. If there is space for it, its more likely that they will just bracket it, and move it down. That's the whole point of orthodontics anyway, they move the teeth around.But be prepared for the situation that the tooth does get extracted. It's scary, but thousands of others have done it before. It's about a week of discomfort, but in return you get a lifetime of good dental hygiene and comfort. I had braces for 2 years, and most times I was in pain each time they tightened the wires, but it was really worth it. Don't worry about it. There is little pain from the extraction.
As others have said, it depends. I recall when I had braces, two of my teeth were higher than the rest, and I also had very little space. Two of my teeth were removed to make room, but the orthodontist opted to have them cut out, not pulled, since they were toward the back. The teeth they removed were actually behind the higher teeth. Having the teeth cut out didn't hurt at all, and even after the numbing was gone the pain was very minimal. The pressure from the braces themselves was more painful (and annoying) than the process of having teeth removed, or the (hardly noticeable) soreness that followed the removal.If the child has space in her mouth, the teeth will probably just be slowly pulled down into alignment. If she does have to have teeth removed though, no worries, it really doesn't hurt at all.
I Think she will have 2 get them pulled :) My
Friend went through the same thing she got hers pulled %26 now shes great
My two top 'kanine' teeth were higher than the rest of mine... LIKE A WHOLE LOT... and they just put the brackets on them and moved them down. It took a couple of months for them to get into place. Once those were moved down though, there wasn't enough room in my mouth for all my teeth so I had to have four of the back ones pulled (well, the ones right behind my 'kanine' teeth on the top and bottom...but my entire mouth [teethwise anyway] were really messed up, and my mouth is kinda freakishly small, I mean, who doesn't have room for all their teeth?)
Absolutely not. That's what the braces do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net