twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My daughter recently got braces and they r killing her it calmed down after a week or to but she went?

yesterday to have them tightened again and her mouth is as sore as the first time will this happen every time she has them tightened concerned mom
Answer:
Very normal, it hurts a lot in the beginning, but just give your daughter some ice cream and give her something slightly hard to chew on--but not too hard!--like hamburgers or some sort of meat, but make sure u cut it up first so its easy to chew on. By doing this, the pain and the pressure will slowly decrease on her teeth. Do NOT give her anything liquidy- like soup or anything to drink, its not bad for you to give that to her, but that will just cause the pain to last longer. Every time she gets her braces tightened in the first few months, it will become sore in the beginning but it will only be temporary.
Trust me, you dont need to be concerned at all, hey, if braces didn't hurt then that would be no fun at all! Give her aspirin and ice cream.
after she gets used to it,it won't bother her
re-alignment of the our teeth is not an easy process. Yes, it will likely be uncomfortable for her every time they are tightened, I'd stock up on ibuprofen.
Yes it might a bit, but after a while it tends not to hurt so much. I had braces and the first few times was pretty painful and I had trouble eating. They should eventually calm down as her teeth start to move about. :-)
Yes it will, and you need to tell the guy he is tweeking them tooooooooo much. (Invisline is a better product if you can use it). It is not unknown that patients can loose all of their teeth thru what is called root resorption. Better to go slower...
I've only recently got mine off, and while they do hurt when tightened, the pain should hopefully lessen each time, and the overall results are great :)
It's a good thing that your daughter is feeling pain. It means that her teeth are getting straightened. The pain does go away in about a week or 2, and she will feel it every time she gets them adjusted/tightened. I had braces for a year and a half, and I have to suffer with the pain too, so I know what it's like. I go for adjustments every month, and my teeth are very straight now.
yeah..my kid has the same problem and yes, it probably WILL happen almost every time the braces are tightened. For pain relief, have them take ibuprofen, but for even FASTER relief, put 1/2 tablet Tylenol right ON the gums ...Don't rely on Tylenol too much, as it can cause liver failure! There are dental salves, but they wear off too fast.Have her eat soft foods (oatmeal, chili, pasta, mac %26 cheese) until the pain subsides.
no her mouth just might be sensetive
Yes, it will happen every time...at least it did for me. Remember when she was teething? the same things that helped then will help now, rub her gums and Anbesol, this should help until the worst is past.
Yeah, they do hurt when they're tightened - sometimes more than others. Right now, she's just not used to it. Give her some kind of pain meds right before the appointment and then make sure she keeps on top of the pain for the first few days with Tylenol or whatever. It takes the edge off at least. The pain of braces is a rite of passage with kids. It's no fun but she's sure not alone in that arena. My poor parents had 4 of us in braces at once and it could be a bitchy household sometimes. Not all my appointments resulted in nasty pain, and they didn't tighten all my braces every single time. The things they do will vary at each appointment so there will be some times that are easier than others. Just remind her how great she'll look when it's all done. It is so worth it to have a pretty smile = D
She will get use to this but have her eat something cold to cool it down. Next time before you take her in give her some Tylenol or some type of pain reliever.
she should get use to them and other then that, give her an aspirin for temporary pain reliever and make sure she massages her gums with a tooth brush because that will take down the swelling and reduce the pain, also if they are hurting her, don't give her any food that has lots of chewing.
Yeah, braces suck like that. It's completely normal, but you get used to it after a while.
They will hurt every time she gets them tightened unless you go back with her and say to them to loosen up on it. My orthodontist is terrible and she ALWAYS tightens them too tight so on my band day my mom came back and told them to not tighten them so much and the results were great. If they keep hurting have her go to the ortho tommorow and get them loosened and you will see the difference. I took Advil and Tylonl when I got my braces tightened a week ago and it helped. PS I am getting a new ortho! He might be better!
I am glad you asked this question as my son is going through this right now and the answers were really helpful. I keep telling him to think that at the end he will have lovely straight teeth and that seems to hop him a bit.
yes every time they are tightened!! it only lasts a day or two just ake some kind of pain relief!! it coz her teeth are fighting against the pressure of the braces!! i had mine on for 15 months you kind of get used to it!!
I know very well how your daughter feels: I got braces about three weeks ago and I suffered a lot during the first one. Sometimes I still feel a kind of bother, but, cheer up!, because it's a good sign: it means that the braces are doing their work. I know it won't comfort you daughter, but I assure you that, even though I've been having one for such a short period, I already see the results.When your daughter will give up on braces, she'll have a wonderful smile. Believe me, although it hurts a lot it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net