twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

My 8 1/2 year old son has swollen left cheek.?

My son is autistic, so he can't clearly communicate what the problem is. As far as I can see, he has no visible problems with a tooth or his gums. I have had a suggestion that he could be getting a molar (he has only lost 3 of his bottom baby teeth so this wouldn't amaze me). Going to the dentist is traumatizing and usually costly (he requires sedation for even a basic check up). Is there anythine else besides his teeth that could be causing this? Would a canker sore have this effect? He is pretty strong and won't take any pain medication. I have only been icing his cheek. Besides the swollen cheeck and occasional discomfort, he seems to be in good spirtis (laughing, talking, etc.) Any suggestions?
Answer:
it could be an infection of the cheek tissues. easily treated with anti-biotics
it could be the mumps %26#92;sometimes they only come in on the one side
If he is swollen he almost certainly has an infection. I know the expense is difficult, but he needs to see a dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net