twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

My brace are poking me in like five different places?

i just got braces two days ago and wanted to know whether this is normal. Will it go away if i just use the wax?
I dont want to call my orhtodontist because i called him like the day i got braces because one of the bands came loose within an hour of when I got them. So i dont want to come off as annoying
Answer:
Honestly, it will go away eventually. I've had my braces for just over 2 weeks and I had the same problem for the first 5 days of having braces. I used the wax, it helped a lot. Just use it, if it doesn't help then call your ortho and ask for advice. Don't worry about being annoying, I was there 3 times on my first day of having them. Once having them fitted, then again when one of the brackets became loose, then again when another one came loose. (Now, thankfully, they are all intact!).
Ouch! I know how you feel.Dont worry...this will go away. Your mouth gets used to it.The wax will work.
you won't be annoying =call the secretary and she may be able to answer your questions =good luck
I would just put some wax on them, they're gonna hurt for like 2 weeks
don't hesitate to call you dr and ask. i am sure those things are expensive and the service is part of the price. It has bee 13 years since i had them but i think that you get used to the poking just use the wax, or maybe he didn't do a great job since they are falling apart
I would just use the wax...you will probably just get used to it...that or get a new ortho! lol
wax just leave it on there but eventually your lips will get used to the brackets
Eventually your mouth gets used to it. However, sometimes the %26quot;bar%26quot; slides to the left or right and stabs you way back behind your teeth..near your jaw. If that's happening, go into the orthodontist and have him fix it. It happened to me too many times.
When i had braces, the poking metal was the worst. And the wax did nothing but slip off seconds after i put it on. I say, you should wait a week and if its still bothering you, call, after all you have the right to be comfortable after paying (or your parents paying i should say) those hefty bills month after month.
They will be fairly poky for the first few days to week. You can go ahead and use the wax on it to help ease some of the discomfort. If you need to go ahead and call your Otho don't worry about it- if you need them that's what they're there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net