twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My crown and tooth fell out?

Both my crown and the tooth fell out this weekend. My dentist can't see me for a couple of days...is there anything I can do for the pain besides tylonal? It really hurts and it's giving me a headache too. The tooth is a molar.
Answer:
I can't believe your dentist wouldn't help you in an emergency. Call his office again and insist on being seen. They should at least refer you to another dentist for immediate treatment. In the meantime, rinse your mouth with warm, salt water and try Advil or Motrin. For the future, you should consider finding a dentist who is more caring.
You need to call the dentist office again and tell them you need an EMERGENCY appointment and they will fit you in. If they don't fit you in then either call a different dentist and get seen today or as the receptionist to have the dentist call you ASAP so you can ask him to prescribe some pain meds. Since this is an emergency situation I would think they would at least examine you today though so call back.
Shame on him. Get another dentist.
Try one of the local pain-killers. Anbesol or something like that. Usually for toothaches and teething babies.
Try to reach the dentist again. If that doesn't work, try something like Anbesol. They make an adult pain relieving gel or liquid for tooth pain. Also, you might try rinsing your mouth with warm salt water, about 1 tbsp salt in a cup of water.
Good luck with your tooth.
My mom is a Dentist and she gets emergency calls all the time. She just has to cancel other appointments, like teeth cleaning or something that can wait. If you tell your doctor this is an emergency and then he still wont see you.. I would see about going to a different dentist.. maybe just this once or maybe from now on. A missing tooth is a big thing and if it hurts that much don't just suffer, do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net