twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My dentist is stumped, any one here have the answer?

I had a molar filled with a permanent filling but went back and got it removed because whenever I drank/ate anything cold I felt a jolt of pain shoot up the side of my face where the tooth is. The dentist put a temporary filling with some medicine in and I stopped having the problem. I just got a permanent filling put in again and I am having the same exact problem as I had before. There is no pain when he taps it or when I eat, just an initial jolt, almost like a pop, when I drink/eat something cold. Also, after the initial jolt I can continue eating or drinking the cold item without continuous pain or another jolt unless I stop eating for a while. Any ideas out there or does anyone else have this problem?
Answer:
There are several options: have the dentist take the filling out and put a base layer of the medicated filling in first and then a layer of the permanent filling over that. This will help insulate the underlying nerve from changes in temperature. If the existing filling is an amalgam (silver) restoration, have the dentist replace it with a composite (white) filling. (With the base layer of the medicated filling inserted first.) Tooth colored fillings don't transmit temperatures very well to the nerve chamber.You may need root canal therapy: make an appointment with an endodontist for a consultation. Good luck
I've had this problem its because of a pinched nerve in your tooth that i sensitive to hot or cold I ended up just getting the nerve pulled out
Root canal. You must have a really bad dentist.Get another one
i had that problem too where a tooth was extracted and after had pain.I could say that that there is still a root under your molar that麓s causing this pain.I would suggest you consult another dentist.Get an x-ray done.greetings
sounds like a nerve is exposed. The filling won't do anything for that tooth. You might need a root canal. Get a second opinion. A filling shouldn't hurt afterwards.
Get your Dentist to double check the bite (with that blue/red/etc marking paper) as it may be off. Leaving the bite high causes sensitivity to cold and can actually kill the nerve if left. Temporary fills are usually softer and have some %26quot;give%26quot; so this would explain the reduced sensitivity. Best advice have your Dentist ck the bite with you sitting up as our bite does change when laying down, tap your teeth really fast (so as not to over think your biting position), and try to bite in your normal biting position (do not concentrate on the position of your filling). Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net