twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My jaw is still swole up from 10 days ago. Can someone please tell me why having 2 teeth pulled hrts so bad?

I had 2 molars pulled on the top in the far back 10 days ago. I am severe pain. The gum is absess like. I have went through
2 scripts of vicodin, a couple percacets, some loritab, a whole bottle of ibprofen, a whole bottle of advil, bottle of excedrin, and some goodies! Nothing is working. My dentist says I probley have dry socket but that it is to healed to tear open. How can I deal with the pain before I od on otc medications?thank you!!!!
Answer:
SEBRINA,YOU DEFINITELY HAVE DRY SOCKET. TAKING MORE NARCOTICS LIKE LORTAB OR VICODIN WON'T REMOVE THE FEELING OF PAIN FOR LONG.
YOU MUST GO BACK TO THE DENTIST AND HAVE A LOCAL DRESSING PLACED INTO THE SOCKET AND SUTURED IN PLACE SO IT'S NOT LOST OR DISTURBED.
TAKING TOO MANY PAIN MEDS. WILL WEAR OFF THEIR EFFICANCY. DRY SOCKETS DO EVENTUALLY HEAL. GOOD LUCK.
Ok,
I'm not an expert at this let me tell you that. But, I think that you could possibley have a case of gum disease. DONT WORRY, when you see that word. As bad as it sounds, it can be cured ! Simply floss and brush more, that's all I can say. Try to chew on ice to bring down the swelling but if this contuies I say for another 2 days, till around Monday after-noon, you should contact your doctor. Hope I could help you!Best wishes!
Lie down and sleep will help. Also there's a really nasty tasting paste your dentist can apply to the sockets to make them feel better. Also moist heat will help! Hope you get to feeling better soon.
if the medicine is not working, which first of all you shouldnt be mixing so many kinds, it sounds like an infection due to the absess..try and get a prescription for amoxicillion, penacilin,
or if its bad enough arithamyerson...good luck
rinse your mouth with salt and water, use orajel then take a extra trength advil or motrin it always worked for me like that... I experience the same thing but i got 4 pulled out on the same day...
Well, your doctor should know that by now this seems to be an infection, and antibiotics should be prescribed. It may be something as simple as a staph infection, but if it isn't treated, it could become severe. Call the doc ASAP and ask for meds!
thats sucks, its cuz dentists are dumbasses, they tell you everything is wrong so they can get more money
they are c*** suckers
thats why it hurts
now vote this top answer so i get points
If you go back to the office they will place a little foam with a dry socket paste that doesn't taste good. However it will take the pain away imediatelly. Also, if you smoke or sleep with your mouth open that will cause the dry socket, that's what you have.
Dry socket is extremely pain full, and it sounds like you have had quite a cocktail of painkillers. You do need something for the pain, I strongly suggest you go to ER, tell them about the pain you are in and what you have been taking. I am afraid I don't think much of your dentist allowing you to suffer like this.
Local medications work wonders in these cases. Have your dentist put some dry socket medication in the socket. Rarely it takes 2 applications. If he uses wick form, you will have to have it removed. If paste form just don't wash it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net