twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

My braces hurt?

i just got my braces yesterday and they hurt when i try to eat something. do you have any ideas on how to make it not hurt?
Answer:
When I had my braces it took about 2 weeks for the inside of my mouth to toughen up from the pain. To get through it I bought Anbesol antiseptic for the mouth. I would rub it on the whole inside of my mouth to numb it. When you first put it on it burns for about 2-3 seconds and then no pain for hours. This allowed me to eat like a normal person. Also you might want to ask your doctor for some wax. You can put this in your braces where your inside of your mouth rubs on the braces. This also helped a lot.
put butter on themyay butter!
stick to soft foods or even liquids for the next two days.
this is totally common
did they say it was okay to take aleve or asprin or any of the like?
they are suppost to hurt silly :)
Been there, done that and i feel for you. I would suggest tylenol or advil and definitely lots of ice cream - the cold is soothing, trust me. Nothing hard or crunchy for the first couple of days because your teeth have to adjust. Breads and french fries are also good. Good luck and hang in there.
take a pill. ex. advil. You should eat a lot of soup instead of solids for the first weak as well.
some sort of Ibuprofen (motrin, advil, tylonol) really helps. try having as little solid hard food as you can
put waxs on them or eatin little bittes and chew way in the back of your mouth
Eat soemthing cold, like ice cream or popsicles. The colder the better - it will numb the nerves for a bit. Worked for me, though I ate a bit too many and gained a little weight. %26gt;.%26lt;
The best thing to do is to take something for the pain. When I had braces they hurt so bad so I took Acetaminophen (Tylenol). Also remember you shouldn't eat things that you can't (like apples or chew hard candy) or eat less than 3 hours after getting them tightened or cleaned. It sucks now but in the end you'll be happy.
try to eat soft food if you can, and don't think about it to much, after a few days every thing is going to be ok!
I do not how to relieve your mouth pain it is normal for braces to hurt for a while after having them installed. The only advice I can give is give it time the pain will go away. Your dentist should have given you a prescription for xylocaine. It is a gum numbing ointment
well its natural 4 them 2 hurt, and i dont think u can completely make the pain go away, but try takin watever pain reliever u usually take! thats always helpful...also rinse ur mouth w/ salty warm water, it works well
stick w/ soft foods...it'll stop hurting soon!
Sweetie, I have braces on now and I know what you're going through. Sorry to tell you this but there really isn't much at all you can do. Your gums are adjusting to the shifting, it's not your teeth that hurt it's your gums. You really just have to stick to soft foods for like a week if not more. I couldn't eat steak for like three weeks and when I would wake up in the morning it would KILL ME! You know, because you haven't moved all night and that's when your teeth shift the most. So have fun.be careful not to break them and listen to your orthodontist when he says floss, brush regularly and stay away from sticky foods. A tip: braces seem to make the mouth hum a lot faster so being hygenic is SUPER IMPORTANT. Another tip: use wax like your life depended on it. Braces cut up the mouth like it's no joke! Good luck! :-D
it is supposed to be like that.. try eating softer foods...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net