twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mini implant for lower left molar?

One more dental question. I have a missing lower left molar as per picture opposite to the red circled tooth. I had it extracted when I was very poor and couldn't afford root canal treatment years ago :-(http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/leegolding/te...I understand that a mini implant is the best method to replace the gap.I am not exactly well off and wondered if a mini implant is the cheapest method and would I be better off taking out dental insurance to cut cost? Any other ways to reduce the cost of this procedure?Thanks,Lee.
Answer:
A mini implant is not meant to be a permanant replacement. They are usually cheaper than a normal implant, but last only about 1/4 of the time. If this is a molar, then I certainly wouldn't get a mini implant placed there, as that is too much pressure on a mini and it will never hold up over time. Eventually you will loose it.Dental insurances usually don't cover the cost of implants, so that wouldn't help you out. Unless you go to a dental school or get into some type of university study, I really don't know how you can reduce the cost of this procedure.
get yourself some dental insurance as it is not cheap to have an implant put in
go to Mexico and have done there!!
Affordable dental discount plans (not dental insurance) may be a great solution. Go to http://www.lowpriceddentalplans.com... to find the best deal in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net