twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

My gums show A LOT when I smile and...?

someone said: %26quot; Yah, there is a cosmetic dental procedure that can fix this. They use a special laser to raise the gum line, so less gum shows when you smile. It's relatively inexpensive and safe, ask your dentist about it. HTH : ) %26quot;Okay. I hate my smile so much. Its so annoying. And I have superr small teeth. not my baby ones either. My mom has ir and so does my cousin, but I have it worse. I've always been self-consious about it and when I found out someone was making fun of my small teeth, and calling me %26quot;gumbo%26quot;, I knew I had enough. There HAS to be a way to fix this!
I need to know if anyone has gone through this %26quot;procedure%26quot;, or if there is even one and about how much it costs.And there are 'teeth caps' or something... not sure, but Hilary Duff has them,
And if anyone knows exactly what they are called and about how much they cost,
I'd be so grateful it wouldn't be funny.
%26lt;3
thankyou.
Answer:
The procedure you are referring to for improving %26quot;gummy smiles%26quot; is gingivectomy.A dentist or periodontist will cut away some gum tissue from the gumline on the 6 front teeth (upper or lower, or both, but it's usually just the upper) to make the gums look shorter and the teeth look longer.From your photograph, I can see that your problem is overgrown gums. That happened because you weren't able to maintain good oral hygiene due to the braces (I see the brackets on the photo you linked to). Braces makes teeth harder to keep clean, and all the germs causes your gums to swell and overgrow. You definitely need the gingivectomy, and probably not just the front teeth because you got generalized gum overgrowth everywhere.I would wait until after your brackets come off, however.Hope this helps, and good luck.
Ok, there is something called a frenum, in your oral cavity. This is the tissue that holds your lip to you gums. What you can do is have surgery on the frenum.
HELLO,I SAW YOUR PICTURE AND YOU COULD REALLY BENEFIT FROM LASER GINGIVOPLASTY. THIS PROCEDURE SHOULD BE DONE AFTER YOUR BRACES ARE REMOVED WHEN YOUR CASE IS COMPLETED.
HOW DID MY GUMS GET THIS WAY?
SADLY, FROM INADEQUATE ORAL HYGIENE. THE SWELLING IS OFTEN CAUSED BY AN OLD ACCUMULATION OF PLAQUE. IT CAUSES YOUR GUMS TO SWELL OVER THE BRACKETS. YOUR TEETH ARE NOT TOO SMALL.
FOR ALL MY PATIENTS WITH BRACES I ALWAYS RECOMMEND THE WATERPIK MACHINE. AFTER A FEW DAYS OF USE THE SWELLING STARTS TO GO DOWN AND A HEALTHY TIGHT, CORAL-PINK COLOR COMES BACK. I THINK YOU USE THE WATERPIK BEFORE YOU OPT FOR SURGERY. THE UNIT IS FOR SALE MOST EVERYWHERE LIKE WALGREEN'S, WALMART, OSCO, ETC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net